Rep Resources Department – Compliance Principal
Berthel Fisher Companies, a family of financial services companies including two subsidiary broker/dealer firms servicing financial advisors across the U.S. has an immediate opening for a full time Compliance Principal.
The Compliance Principal is responsible for enforcing the Firm’s policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, rules and regulations related to the securities industry, including FINRA, the Securities and Exchange Commission and state securities and insurance regulatory agencies.
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and the ability to identify regulatory issues and compliance concerns when supervising day to day activities of registered representatives and/or investment advisor representatives. Candidates must have excellent problem solving skills, work well in a team environment and demonstrate top-notch communication skills as well as a continual focus on customer service.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to make regulatory and supervisory-based decisions on a timely basis and possess strong knowledge of a variety of investment products and services. Proactive collaboration with internal and external clients and ability to stay current with regulatory trends in the financial services industry will be essential. Required skills also include strong time management skills and the ability to multitask with numerous operational processes and multiple data input platforms. The ideal candidate must be proficient in word processing, database, spreadsheet, e-mail, and web-based software.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review new client account paperwork and trade activity within accounts to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory compliance procedures
- Review communications with the public including written correspondence, sales literature, electronic communications, social media, seminars, and advertising materials and provide timely comments consistent with all firm and regulatory compliance procedures
- Understand, enforce and train registered representatives on all requirements of the Written Supervisory Procedures manual and make recommendations on any issue where additional guidance is necessary to perform the supervisory functions
- Monitor, review and approve registered representatives’ non cash compensation, outside business activity, and outside personal brokerage accounts for compliance with firm and regulatory compliance
- Document, manage and escalate supervisory concerns through established supervision and escalation procedures as established in the Firm’s Written Supervisory Procedures
- Coordinate with compliance and operations staff to ensure timely and accurate responses to financial advisors as well as internal departments
This position may require up to 20% travel.
A Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or similar is preferred but not required. Candidates will have a minimum of 2 years industry experience and ideally 3-5 years experience.
FINRA Securities Licenses 7,24 and 63 are required as well as an Iowa insurance license. Must be willing to obtain additional licenses as required.
Previous experience in the banking, insurance and/or securities business is helpful, but not required.
This position offers comprehensive benefits, including:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) safe harbor contribution
- Paid time off
- Short term and long term disability coverage
- Opportunity for career growth
- Onsite exercise facility
We offer a great working environment in a beautiful and professional office location. This is your chance to play a key role in the continued success of our company. Our culture is fast-paced, motivational and focused on improving our client’s lives.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.